Benefits and Operations Manager
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
- Identify and implement effective and efficient benefit administration and HR operations processes to ensure we deliver a positive employee experience while in compliance with the applicable laws and Finch’s policies.
- Work closely with the Head of People Operations to design our benefits portfolio and manage open enrollment and communicate benefits to employee, acting as the primary contact
- Ensure data integrity, and build our HR Reporting capabilities, dashboards, critical metrics, and reporting processes.
- Stay abreast of employee-related legislative and regulatory developments and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices in partnership with the Legal and Finance Departments and provide input to employee handbook and policies
- Manage all disability and leaves of absence cases and work closely with EHS to manage worker’s compensation claims.
- Work closely with Finance team members to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Closely manage third party benefits and payroll vendor
- Partner with consultants and internal stakeholders to complete the HCM implementation and configuration process.
- Own completion of ACA, EEO-1 and other required government reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of HR audit controls designed to meet regulatory obligations, owning remediation plans, as required.
- Lead the administration of training courses required to remain compliant with company policies and government regulations, in partnership with Legal Department.
- Several years of experience managing Benefits & Compliance in a high-growth environment
- Progressive People management experience preferred, not required
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience configuring HRIS systems
- Proven ability to collaborate, lead and build trust cross-functionally
- Aptitude for synthesizing information from external and internal experts and recommending a best course of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Track record of successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities; Able to navigate ambiguity and shift direction when priorities change.
- Interest in Compensation & Rewards strongly preferred
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.