Clinical Operations Budget and Contracts Manager
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs. With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
As the Clinical Operations Budget and Contracts Manager, you will provide overall financial support and will interface with internal functions: Clinical Operations, Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Finance, Accounting and Legal. You will communicate with external partners including contract research organizations, individual consultants, and others as necessary. You will work closely with members of the team and will be responsible for the financial reporting and vendor relationship management for aspects related to budgets, accounting, and finance.
This position will report into the Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Coordinate and manage Clinical Operations, Translational Medicine and Clinical Development Annual Budget Development as well as Budget Reviews and Long-Range Forecasting activities.
- Act as department contact for FP&A and is the lead for the budgeting software package.
- Support the VP of Clinical Operations in all budget presentations to Senior Management and FP&A.
- Maintain and manage payments against approved budget and established contracts.
- Collaborates with Accounting to resolve internal and external payment issues and ensures proper coding of costs to the approved budget.
- Manage monthly accruals.
- Manage setup and maintenance of purchase orders in company purchasing systems.
- Review and report on various financial functions including departmental and study-specific actual vs. budget expenditures, monthly time allocation, and open commitments.
- Communicate regularly with Finance, Accounting and Legal to ensure continued efficient development and execution of contracts, purchase orders and vendor payments.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams on RFI/RFPs, vendor selection, contract execution, and vendor management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech-industry experience; Clinical or Clinical Operations experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment with cross-functional teams in high pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Financial systems.
- Passion, humility, and excitement for doing whatever it takes to drive research forward toward a goal of helping patients with unmet medical needs.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.