Development Associate, Analytical Development (Flow Cytometry)
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
Finch is looking to hire an Analytical Development Associate who will be responsible for developing and conducting analytical methods for drug products in Finch’s pipeline. Execution of flow cytometry-based assays will be essential for this role. This individual will execute additional laboratory-based workstreams to support Finch’s Research and Development, Quality, and Manufacturing teams. This position will report to a Scientist in the Analytical Development Team.
- Perform testing of in-processsamples and finished products, develop test methods, assist with qualification of analytical methods
- Manage dataanalysis, documentation, and report-writing for laboratory-based activities
- Transfer methods to Quality and Manufacturing teams with some supervisionand carry out special projects independently as required
- Plan and perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot,and maintain equipment.
- Assist in training new departmental personnel in standard operating proceduresand analytical methods
- Follow safety requirements, maintain clean lab areas, order lab supplies to maintain inventory and prepare suppliesand reagents as
- Communicate results to Analytical Development team in presentations and written reports
- Good documentation practices including regularly updating laboratory notebooksand databases
- A Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry,or pharmaceutical sciences
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with various methods for counting bacterial cells (i.e. CFU, flow cytometry, qPCR)
- Strong grasp ofbasic microbiology techniques (i.e. aseptic techniques, serial dilutions)
- Direct experience working with live biotherapeutics or live vaccines is highly desired
- Experience working in anaerobic microbiology is a plus
- Critical understanding of the importance of documentation and data traceability
- Working knowledge of GMP(Good Manufacturing Practices) and familiarity with executing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) in a laboratory or manufacturing environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.