Development Associate, Analytical Development
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch is a clinical-stage company developing novel microbiome drugs to serve patients with serious unmet medical needs. Our machine learning-based platform mines molecular data collected from human interventional studies to identify the microbial communities driving positive patient outcomes in different disease areas. By developing drugs from microbial communities that have already demonstrated therapeutic effects in humans, we are pioneering a new approach to drug discovery and rapidly transforming the promise of the microbiome into a reality for patients.
Our lead therapeutic candidate, CP101, is initially targeting the prevention of recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). CP101 recently met its primary endpoint in a large placebo-controlled trial in recurrent CDI, providing the first positive pivotal data for an oral microbiome drug. We also have programs targeting the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, children with autism and serious GI symptoms, as well as two programs partnered with Takeda Pharmaceuticals targeting inflammatory bowel disease.
Finch is looking to hire a detailed oriented and driven Development Associate, Analytical Development, who will be responsible in developing and performing analytical methods for drug products in Finch’s pipeline. As an integral part of the Analytical Development team, the successful candidate will carry out laboratory work, establish protocols, and support cross-functional teams in Research and Development, Quality and Manufacturing. This position reports to a Senior Scientist.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Support testing of in-process, product development studies and finished products, develops test methods, perform qualification and method transfers to Quality and Manufacturing teams with some supervision.
- The individual may also carry out special projects independently as required and assigned by Management.
- Assist in developing more efficient, cost-effective, robust and high-throughput analytical methods and training new departmental personnel.
- Conduct stability tests on bulk and final formulations and assess attributes of microbial products.
- Plan and performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting various equipment.
- Follow safety requirements, maintain good housekeeping of lab areas, order lab supplies to maintain inventory and prepare test media and reagents as assigned.
- Communicate results to Analytical Development team both verbally and in writing, and record and interpret data using Excel and statistical software.
- Good documentation practices including regularly updating laboratory notebook and databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or Biochemistry with minimum 1-2 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Strong background microbiology techniques and hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g., qPCR, ddPCR, DNA extraction, sanger sequencing).
- Direct experience working with live biotherapeutics or live vaccines is highly desired.
- Experience working with anaerobic microorganisms and compendial USP methods is a plus.
- Critical understanding of the importance of documentation and data traceability.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, organized and methodical, and ability to effectively perform tasks as directed by supervisor or according to a SOP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and statistical analysis.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external collaborators
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Though only facility-dependent employees are currently working onsite in Somerville, Ma, we all plan to return to the office when it’s safe to do so
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.