Development Associate ll, Analytical Development
Location: Somerville,MA, , ,
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
Finch is looking to hire a detailed oriented and driven Development Associate II, Analytical Development, who will be responsible for developing and executing on compendial and non-compendial analytical methods for various drug products in Finch’s pipeline. As an integral part of this team, the selected candidate will carry out laboratory work, establish protocols, and collaborate cross-functional teams in Research and Development, Quality and Manufacturing. This position reports to a Scientist.
- Develop, qualify, validate and transfer novel analytical cell-based assays to support research, quality, and manufacturing teams
- Perform laboratory experiments for evaluation of product quality attributes, characterization studies and stability analysis, and carry out special projects independently as required and assigned by Management
- Assist in developing more efficient, cost-effective, robust and high-throughput microbial analytical protocols and training new departmental personnel in standard operating procedures, analytical methods.
- Plan and performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Follow safety requirements, maintain good housekeeping of lab areas, and order lab supplies to maintain inventory
- Communicate results to Analytical Development team both verbally and in writing, record and interpret data using Excel and statistical software, and author development reports, study protocols and technical methods.
- Good documentation practices including regularly updating laboratory notebook and databases.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or Biochemistry with minimum 2 years’ relevant industry experience (e.g., characterization and analysis of live biotherapeutics or live vaccines)
- Strong immunological and cellular testing methodologies background (i.e. ELISA, fluorescence microscope) and extensive knowledge of analytical testing concepts
- Hand-on experience with biochemistry techniques (i.e. aseptic techniques, cell culturing, chromatography, preparation, purification, quantitation of DNA/RNA)
- Direct experience working with live biotherapeutics or live vaccines is highly desired.
- Experience working in anaerobic microbiology is a plus.
- Critical understanding of the importance of documentation and data traceability
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, organized and methodical, and ability to effectively perform tasks as directed by supervisor or according to an SOP
- Superb oral and written communication skills, excellent professional and interpersonal skills, and good computer (e.g., electronic notebook, data capture and entry, statistical analysis)
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external collaborators
- Working knowledge of GMP and familiarity with executing Standard Operating Procedures in a laboratory or manufacturing environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry is huge plus
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer generous paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.