Director or Senior Director, Program Management
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
The Senior Director, Program Management will report into to the Vice President, Program Management and will be responsible for driving our research and development programs forward through preclinical and clinical studies and for providing strong leadership and expertise to optimize Program & Portfolio Management best practices and processes at Finch. In collaboration with the Program Lead, the Senior Director, Program Management will be responsible for driving the program strategy and building and executing detailed program plans and ensuring a highly collaborative and communicative environment within the teams.
- Lead the implementation of new processes and process improvement initiatives within and beyond the Program Management Office.
- Lead/contribute to drug development structure initiatives and cross-functional processes to ensure swift and seamless transition of assets through different development phases.
- Overall accountability for program operations, timelines, and deliverables.
- Drive the team and work closely with the Program Lead and other core program team members to manage all operational aspects of the programs.
- Work closely with the Program Lead to manage the development and execution of program strategy, including ensuring realistic timelines and budget are aligned with corporate goals.
- Convert strategic objectives for the drug development program into operational plans, including actions with clear owners and deadlines.
- Coordinate communication across cross-functional teams to optimize team effectiveness; manage projects and teams to successfully achieve program goals and milestones.
- Anticipate bottlenecks before they occur and help teams understand the interdependencies of their work.
- Establish protocols for and liaising with joint committees by creating procedures and frameworks for effective decision making.
- Plan scientific meetings and project team meetings which will include creating agendas, capturing meeting minutes, ensuring the completion of action items, and tracking deliverables.
- Define and track progress through key performance indicators and internal and external milestones.
- Ensure program team activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented, and archived, and act as a primary contact for program team related information.
- B.S./B.A in life sciences required; Advanced degree and/or PMP certification is desired.
- 8+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical industry with 4+ years direct project/program management in drug development.
- Excellent expertise in the drug development process
- Strong proficiency with program management practices, tools, and methodology.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively inform key stakeholders and management of status, issues and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without authority and develop productive working relationships with team members and key stakeholders.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible to adapt processes appropriate for Finch. Proven track-record in implementing process improvements and change initiatives.
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and timelines.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team. *Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.