Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
The Executive Administrator will provide full administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer and his team. The ideal candidate will be professional, articulate and enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment. The right candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, proactivity and collaboration, and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. He/she must be able to work under pressure with the ability to handle activities with significant attention to detail and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Provides executive administrative support to assigned senior executive(s) of the company, primarily acting as a gatekeeper, understanding the needs and priorities of the Chief Medical Officer and the clinical operations and clinical development teams.
- Regularly handles confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing active calendars, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, completing expense reports, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Organizes and coordinates key multi-functional meetings, requiring effective communication and interaction with internal and external stakeholders, sometimes in different time zones. This includes preparing and printing materials such as reports, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and other documents / materials as needed.
- Leverages MS Office skills, providing robust presentations, documents and spreadsheet support.
- Manages, tracks, and files a range of highly confidential documents.
- Provides leadership and a positive attitude to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, including superb, collaborative working relationships with team members.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including tracking important events, documents, and milestones and ensuring appropriate information distribution.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; displays the ability to handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Acts as “gatekeeper” to screen out sales calls and make sure important calls get through. Redirects to other departments or relays messages as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the executive schedules are followed and respected.
- Supports communication from the leadership team across the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting VP+ leaders in biotech, pharma or other clinical environment. Experience supporting C-level executive(s) or Chief Medical Officer is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to achieve high performance goals and to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on–site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.