Lead Donor Assistant
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, , ,
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
The Lead Donor Assistant is responsible for performing sample acceptance procedures and acting as the primary point of contact for donors, helping guide them through sample drop-off and appointments. The Lead Donor Assistant will also be the aid to the Donor Site Supervisor, providing clerical support, logistical assistance, and other related duties.
- Greeting and assisting donors when they come to our location to pass samples or appointments
- Properly adhering to Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Perform clerical work such as scanning, printing, and filing
- Administrative work like purchasing, delegating,
- Protect personal and private donor information
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must attend trainings for job related activities and company meetings
- Ensure facilities are functional and up to standards
- High school diploma OR currently enrolled in an academic program preferred
- Quality: is exceptionally detail oriented, organized and values accuracy
- Must adhere to cGMP and cGDP
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with donors and clinicians
- Superb note taking skills
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient with MS Excel-Creating/Building Tables
- Experience with people management/great leadership skills
- Be passionate about working in an innovative health care; and a dynamic, start-up work
- Biomanufacturing quality and customer service experience highly recommended.
- Must be able to sit for up to 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs or more
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly over telephone and in person
- Hours of operation at the facility are 6:00am – 7:30pm Monday – Friday and 8:00am – 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on–site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.