People Operations Business Partner
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
Group-dedicated Business Partner Responsibilities
- Use a consultative approach to influence, coach and provide feedback to employees at all levels, ensuring practice of Finch’s values (patients-first, tenacity, daring, humility and community).
- Support rapid growth by helping to identify gaps and development areas across the select functions.
- Advise leaders on team effectiveness, change management, organizational design, performance management, retention, engagement, talent planning, professional growth and more.
- Integrate with the business, building trust and credibility as a valuable thought partner on organizational and talent issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees; ensure compliance with all applicable employment policies, regulations and laws.
- Partner with G&A teams to drive ownership of processes and programs to leaders, managers and employees as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between the select functions and People Operations as we build and rollout new programs and processes.
Center of Excellence Responsibilities – Talent Management
- Implement company-wide Talent Assessment process.
- Establish career progression framework.
- Partner with relevant G&A leaders to establish new workforce planning process.
- Scale & grow talent programs appropriately as Finch grows.
- Demonstrated experience coaching employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with employee relations, performance management, workforce planning, compliance, HR systems, etc.
- Biotech/pharma experience is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and establish shared ownership with functional leaders.
- Excellent cross-functional team member; experience partnering with Finance, Program Management, Talent Acquisition and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Thrives in dynamic environment with changing priorities.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.