Senior Clinical Supply Chain Manager
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and well-organized Supply Chain professional to join a fast-paced, growing Supply Chain Organization. The Senior Manager of Clinical Supply Chain role is a multifaceted position responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of supply chain activities for multiple studies to ensure clinical material supply continuity. This position partners closely with the Quality, Clinical Operations and Technical Operations teams to coordinate on-time supply for patients.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Review clinical trial protocols and understand impact on supply
- Partner with Clinical Operations to identify demand assumptions, such as enrollment rate, number of sites, number of countries, etc.
- Create, review, and update the clinical supply and demand plans based on strategic elements/study forecasts from Clinical Operations for studies and/or programs
- Participate in cross-functional Project Team Meetings
- Ensure changes in supply configuration, trial design, enrollment timelines, manufacturing availability and regulatory requirements are considered
- Monitor inventory levels at depots and clinical sites through the life of a trial; take preventive actions to avoid potential supply issues
- Manage label development process and packaging timelines
- Manage and collaborate with Clinical Supply vendors to ensure that study timelines are met
- Coordinate US and international distribution and logistics with CMOs
- Manage IRT vendor relationship, and participate in User Acceptance Testing
- Review and update SOPs and identify the need for establishing new departmental procedures
- Oversee the creation of manual study drug shipments, inventory reporting and maintenance, tracking, filing, and drug reconciliation, returns, and destruction
- Develop strong internal collaboration with stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met per often aggressive timelines. Being proactive and following through are essential key attributes for this position
- BS or higher in science-related field or other relevant discipline (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- 5+ years’ experience in clinical supply management, clinical packaging or equivalent experience in the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry, strongly preferred
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to interpret complex information
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, both internally and with external vendors and partners
- Effective collaboration across multiple stakeholders in developing and implementing effective supply chain management strategies
- Experience with vendor management, including labeling, packaging, and global distribution
- Experience with IRT systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on routine and new assignments and under minimal supervision for complex and ambiguous assignments.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start a family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox.. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Though only facility-dependent employees are currently working onsite in Somerville, Ma, we all plan to return to the office when it’s safe to do so.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.