Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Communication
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
The Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will be responsible for furthering Finch’s mission through the development and execution of its investor relations strategy. S/He will lead corporate communications, including visibility, media and public relations, and public affairs. The Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will develop and enhance Finch’s narrative, while educating investors and acting as a key partner to the management team as the company continues to expand its pipeline.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Lead the strategic planning, direction, and execution of IR/PR/Corporate Communications.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team on the development, integration and execution of the investor relations strategy.
- Successfully manage, mentor and develop the IR/CC team.
- Refine messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance.
- Originate and maintain investor-facing materials, including all press releases, investor presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, etc.
- Prepare executive management for investor events; may accompany senior executives at investor conferences and be a resource for information.
- Remain on top of industry trends and competitive landscape to both proactively and reactively adjust plans, messaging and manage relationships that may be impacted.
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or Investor Relations in the biotech industry. Microbiome experience is a plus.
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into lay terms; science background preferred.
- Prior management experience and passion for developing others.
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community, media and biopharma journalists.
- Experience in managing and overseeing contract IR/PR agencies and vendors.
- Ability to work well under pressure, successfully navigating ambiguity with an ability to prioritize and work with purpose in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated, and a team player with a commitment to excellence.
- Strong leadership skills and acumen.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.