Senior Facilities Technician
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch is a clinical-stage company developing novel microbiome drugs to serve patients with serious unmet medical needs. Our machine learning-based platform mines molecular data collected from human interventional studies to identify the microbial communities driving positive patient outcomes in different disease areas. By developing drugs from microbial communities that have already demonstrated therapeutic effects in humans, we are pioneering a new approach to drug discovery and rapidly transforming the promise of the microbiome into a reality for patients.
Our lead therapeutic candidate, CP101, is initially targeting the prevention of recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). CP101 recently met its primary endpoint in a large placebo-controlled trial in recurrent CDI, providing the first positive pivotal data for an oral microbiome drug. We also have programs targeting the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, children with autism and serious GI symptoms, as well as two programs partnered with Takeda Pharmaceuticals targeting inflammatory bowel disease.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Senior Facilities Technician will be self-performing or overseeing vendor performed maintenance/calibration activities on both Non-GMP and GMP Utility systems, process equipment and clean room infrastructure. This position will also provide general laboratory and office support as required to meet the needs of the business.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Manages the completion of all preventative maintenance assignments.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form.
- Reports any maintenance failure or issues immediately to management.
- Evaluates equipment performance and makes recommendations to maintenance performance or system design.
- Troubleshoots systems or equipment and makes repairs to minimize downtime.
- Tracks repair history of process support systems and equipment.
- Provides needed support for the diagnostics of all equipment to ensure continuous operations.
- Provides support during annual shutdowns.
- Manages critical spare part inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance on process support systems and equipment including but not limited to: Pumps, Valves, Autoclaves, Centrifuges, Reactors, BSC’s, Isolators, WFI Generation/Distribution, Clean Steam, compressed gases, HVAC equipment.
- Partners with the Facilities Manager on improvement and development of maintenance practices and SOPs.
- Conducts complex document revisions and/or document management
- Escorts contractors and vendors for the performance of preventative maintenance and repairs on process support systems.
- Supports quality systems for CAPA, Deviations and Change Management.
- Works cross-functionally with other groups to accomplish tasks or projects.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Trade school or undergraduate education is preferred.
- 4-6 years of applicable experience in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of cGMP,GDP as it relates to production of pharmaceuticals
Experience authoring and reviewing SOP’s and other controlled documents
- Ability to multitask and always maintain professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience working directly with building automation (BMS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and equipment monitoring and alarm systems (EMAS).
- Ability to read, understand, and follow SOP, P&ID’s and work instructions.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written reports
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced technicians.
- Grade 2 Licensed Wastewater Operator experience is a plus
- Electrical, HVAC, Calibration/Metrology License or Training is a plus
- On Call availability maybe required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Though only facility-dependent employees are currently working onsite in Somerville, Ma, we all plan to return to the office when it’s safe to do so.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.