Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Senior Facilities Technician will be self-performing or overseeing vendor performed maintenance/calibration activities on both Non-GMP and GMP Utility systems, process equipment and clean room infrastructure. You will also provide general laboratory and office support to meet our needs.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage the completion of all preventative maintenance assignments.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form.
- Report any maintenance failure or issues immediately to management.
- Evaluate equipment performance and make recommendations to maintenance performance or system design.
- Troubleshoot systems or equipment and makes repairs to minimize downtime.
- Track repair history of process support systems and equipment.
- Provide needed support for the diagnostics of all equipment to ensure continuous operations.
- Provide support during annual shutdowns.
- Manage critical spare part inventory.
- Perform preventative maintenance on process support systems and equipment including: Pumps, Valves, Autoclaves, Centrifuges, Reactors, BSC’s, Isolators, WFI Generation/Distribution, Clean Steam, compressed gases, HVAC equipment.
- Partner with the Facilities Manager on improvement and development of maintenance practices and SOPs.
- Escort contractors and vendors who perform preventative maintenance and repairs on process support systems.
- Support quality systems for CAPA, Deviations and Change Management.
- Work with other groups to accomplish tasks or projects.
- Provide On-Call Support as needed.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- 6+ years of applicable experience in a GMP environment
- 3+ years of experience working directly with building automation (BMS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and equipment monitoring and alarm systems (EMAS)
- Ability to multitask and always maintain professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written reports
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
- Though only facility-dependent employees are currently working onsite in Somerville, Ma, we all plan to return to the office when it’s safe to do so.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.