Senior Manager, Accounting
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
- Direct activities to timely and accurately record transactions in the General Ledger accounts, including management of monthly close and reporting process
- Review certain balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Senior Accountant
- Responsible for preparation of high-risk area in the monthly close including equity, stock compensation, R&D accruals, revenue recognition and related accounting for activities under existing and future collaboration agreements
- Perform monthly analysis, ad hoc reporting, BS and P&L review and commentary for senior management
- Assist Senior Management with research of accounting literature, monitoring of compliance with evolving accounting guidance, and implementation of new accounting standards
- Partner with the Controller and Assistant Controller to carry out Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program
- Assist with the administration of the company’s equity incentive plan
- Help manage the audit process conducted by external auditors
- Partner with IT on financial system issues, enhancements, upgrades and integration efforts
- Suggests areas for process improvements
- Provide oversight, mentoring, and training to members of the accounting organization including the Senior Accountant
- Supports the Senior Management team with various analyses and ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm with public company clients required
- Biotech experience a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to prioritize a varying degree of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law