Total Rewards Specialist
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
We are looking for a detail-orientated, customer focused Total Rewards Specialist, who will be the primary resource for employee benefits and provide day-to-day support of benefits including benefits orientation, 401(k) support, and disability and leave administration. Acting as a system superuser, you will perform data entry into our HCM system and run reports as necessary. You will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, proactivity and collaboration, and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Total Rewards team (Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and operations) and gain broad People Operations experience and exposure to compensation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support to employees on various HR-related topics such as leave, benefits, and resolve related issues. Maintain compliance with electronic employee files, while maintaining integrity of HRIS records.
- HR administration including but not limited to; employment verifications, I-9 processing, and managing the approval and administration of employee on and off-boarding and other data changes. Administer and monitor our HCM systems and document processes.
- Work closely with the Director of Total Rewards and benefits providers, perform benefit administration duties and communicate benefit information to our employees.
- Maintain benefit overview documents and summaries. Partner with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing and support the general administration of our compensation program.
- Collaborate with HR team members on various projects and activities, such as on-boarding, monthly reporting, and annual processes.
- Support the Director of Total Rewards with the preparation, maintenance, and implementation of employee policies. Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and national labor law regulations. Maintain knowledge and be a champion of employment law and benefits compliance.
- Provide project support to the Director of Total Rewards on various activities related to annual benefits renewal and compensation cycles, HCM enhancements, and other projects as needed. Support may include data entry, research, reporting, data analysis, document creation, logistical support or other tasks as needed.
- Act as first point of contact for employees on matters related to benefits, time off and leaves, 401(k), system access issues or questions, and other HR operational matters.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to process payroll and administer equity.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with benefits, HR and/or compensation required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with expertise in Excel.
- Experience using HR systems.
- Strong organizational skills, accountability, and an ability to meet deadlines and keep commitments.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.