Vice President of Medical Affairs
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
Reporting to the CMO, the Vice President of Medical Affairs will be responsible for the strategic development, execution and management of scientific and medical information for key stakeholders. The Vice President will lead global medical affairs functions for investigational and marketed products.
- Oversee and directs all aspects of global medical affairs activities for investigational and marketed products.
- Lead development of systems and processes to ensure harmonized and integrated medical affairs function that will be executed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Build and execute on a cohesive medical education and information strategy leveraging scientific platform.
- Drive and coordinate publication strategy and execution, including but not limited to chairing the Publication Committee, reviewing potential manuscripts/abstracts.
- Develop strategic architecture and manage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), medical societies and other key stakeholders.
- Build trusted and meaningful scientific partnerships with KOLs through deep therapeutic insights and driving changes in attitudes and behaviors through scientific education.
- Advance data generation aligned with company strategic priorities, including HEOR studies and burden of disease evaluations.
- Lead, hire, engage, coach and develop high performance medical affairs function to foster commitment to excellence and culture of collaboration.
- Provide strategic input into both company-initiated and investigator-initiated trial development and approval in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in the development and approval of education material for providers and patients that is medically accurate and appropriate.
- Provide direction into the development and implementation of successful reimbursement and market-access strategies.
- Manage medical affairs budget and responsible for optimal resource allocation.
- MD or PharmD required; clinical background in infectious diseases, medical microbiology, or gastroenterology preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in life science field with 7 years in medical affairs leadership; experience in small to mid-sized biotech companies preferred.
- Successful track record of overseeing multiple product launches and lifecycle management.
- Proven experience in building medical affairs functions with strong operational and strategic elements.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Expert evaluation skills and analytical thinking.
- Ability to articulate clear vision with superior oral and written communication skills.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.