Materials Management Technician
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143, United States
Finch Therapeutics is a clinical-stage microbiome therapeutics company leveraging its Human-First Discovery platform to develop a novel class of orally administered biological drugs.
With the capabilities to develop both complete and targeted microbiome therapeutics, Finch is advancing a rich pipeline of candidates designed to address a wide range of unmet medical needs. Finch’s lead candidate, CP101, is in late-stage clinical development for recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI). In June 2020, Finch announced that CP101 met its primary efficacy endpoint in PRISM3, the first of two pivotal trials to support the development of CP101 for the prevention of recurrent CDI. Finch is also developing CP101 for chronic hepatitis B, and FIN-211 for autism spectrum disorder. In partnership with Takeda, Finch is advancing FIN-524 and FIN-525 for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, respectively.
As a Materials Management Technician at Finch Therapeutics, you will play a key role in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, forecasting, supplier management, working closely with Quality Assurance to release critical raw material. The Materials Management team is responsible for ensuring material needs are met for Donor Operations, Quality Control, and Manufacturing departments.
- Receive incoming materials while reconciling each item against open purchase order
- Communicate with vendors regarding delivery status, back orders, and report discrepancies
- Work closely with Quality Assurance on material release process
- Assist with new supplier development including qualifying, monitoring suppliers, and approved supplier list
- Conduct lab walkthroughs to obtain inventory counts
- Provide weekly reports on material status
- Manage inventory software program and submit monthly inventory reports to finance
- Attend and participate in virtual meetings daily to check in and check out
- Availability to work weekends, if necessary
- 1 year of experience in supply chain management and procurement is preferable but not required
- Ability to consistently conduct and present in virtual meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong planning, time management, organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Flexible with ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet on-going deadlines efficiently
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing clean room for extended period of time.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time as well as occasionally required to walk, sit, bend down/ crouch, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment: Work will be performed in both an office and laboratory/ manufacturing facility. The noise level in the office is low. The noise level in the laboratory/ manufacturing facility is moderate.
More About Finch
Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work environment and experience for you through our formal benefits programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we’ll create a fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help patients.
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage through Harvard Pilgrim in addition to life insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville, MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service (temporarily closed due to COVID), fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling waters on tap. We sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
*Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in Somerville until further notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.